State Board of Education Rule 6A-1.006 requires Board approval for amendments to the District School Budget whenever the function and object amounts in the accounts prescribed by the State Board for the budget form are changed in the original approved by the School Board.
Budget Amendments #65 - #71:
· #65 – General Fund – The General Fund was amended to reflect the Florida Department of Education's t Calculation and the revised amount in capital funds distributed to Charter Schools. Fund balance was amended to provide funds to Fox Hollow Elementary for custodial supplies and to recognize revenue for the following project:
#59560 – Area Health Education Center-ZHS – Revenue #444000
Appropriations were amended by project, school and District cost center administrators to reflect changes in anticipated expenditures.
· #66 – Debt Service Funds – The Debt Service Funds revenue and fund balance were amended to record additional interest received for various funds and transfers from Capital Project Funds. Appropriations were amended by administrators to reflect changes in anticipated expenditures.
· #67 – Capital Project Funds – The Capital Project Funds revenue was amended to account for additional funds for Charter School Capital Funds, additional interest received and transfers from Food and Nutrition Fund for purchase of cafeteria equipment at various locations. Fund balance was amended to provide additional funds for roofing projects at multiple locations as well as to provide additional funds for Centennial Middle marquee. Appropriations were amended by project administrators to reclassify capital expenditures to the appropriate objects to reflect changes in anticipated expenditures.
· #68 – Food & Nutrition Fund – The Food & Nutrition Fund revenue was amended to record the revenue received for State School Lunch and Summer Feeding Programs, other food sales as well as payments from Charter Schools for meals. Fund balance was amended to account for the increase in funds transferred to the Capital Project Funds for purchase of cafeteria equipment at various locations. Appropriations were amended by administrators to reflect changes in anticipated expenditures.
· #69 – Special Revenue Funds – The Special Revenue Funds appropriations were amended by project, school and District cost center administrators to reflect changes in anticipated expenditures. In addition, estimated revenues were amended in accordance with information received from the U.S and Florida Department of Education for the following projects:
#35116 – PELL – Revenue #419900
#31516 – Title I Part D Neglected & Delinquent – Revenue #424000
#31316 – Title I Part A School-wide – Revenue #424000
#34316 – Project 10 Connect – Revenue #428000
#30016 – Title III Support for English Language – Revenue #429300
· #70 – Internal Service Funds – The Internal Service Funds revenue and appropriations were amended to account for refunds from the Florida Department of Financial Services for Workers' Compensation claims.
· #71 – Trust and Agency Funds – The Trust and Agency Funds revenue was adjusted to reclassify revenue received from University of South Florida for completing academic surveys.
The staff respectfully requests School Board's approval of the attached Budget Amendments.