State Board of Education Rule 6A-1.006 requires School Board approval for amendments to the District School Budget whenever the function and object amounts in the accounts prescribed by the State Board for the budget form are changed in the original budget approved by the School Board.
Budget Amendments #35-#42
· #35 – General Fund – The General Fund was amended to adjust estimated revenues for the following projects:
#54910 – Medicaid – Revenue #420200
#59100 – ROTC Air Force – Revenue #419100
#59120 – ROTC Navy – Revenue #419100
#55020 – School Supplemental Health – Revenue #439900
#55030 – Full Service School - Revenue #439900
#56610 – Differentiated Accountability Summer Academy – Revenue #449500
Revenue was amended to reflect the Florida Department of Education’s 3rd Calculation and the change in capital funds distributed to Charter Schools. In addition, fund balance was amended to provide start-up funds for Sanders Memorial Elementary School STEAM Magnet and additional funds for the Strategic Plan project. Appropriations were amended by project, school and district cost center administrators to reflect changes in anticipated expenditures.
· #36 – Debt Service – The Debt Service Fund was amended to recognize estimated revenues and appropriations for a transfer of funds between debt service funds.
· #37 – Capital Project Funds – The Capital Project Funds appropriations were amended by project administrators to reclassify capital expenditures to the appropriate objects to reflect changes in anticipated expenditures. In addition, estimated revenue was amended to recognize the decrease in capital funds distributed to Charter Schools from the State and the transfer to the general fund. Fund balance was amended for the purchase of awnings for Wesley Chapel High School and the installation of a cooler/freezer for Cypress Elementary School.
· #38 – Special Revenue Funds – The Special Revenue Funds appropriations were amended by project, school and district cost center administrators to reflect changes in anticipated expenditures. In addition, estimated revenues were amended in accordance with information received from the Department of Education for the following projects:
#32015 – Farmworkers Grant – Revenue #422000
#34013 – IDEA Part B Entitlement – Revenue #423000
#34315 – Project 10 Mini Grant – Revenue #428000
#35115 – Pell Grant – Revenue #419000
#36015 – 21st Century Elementary School Grant - #429900
#36115 – 21st Century Middle School Grant - #429900
· #39 – ARRA Economic Stimulus Funds – The ARRA Economic Stimulus Funds revenue and appropriations were amended in accordance with information received from Department of Education for the following project:
#39806 – Race To the Top Professional Development Digital Learning – Revenue #421400
· #40 – Internal Service Funds – The Internal Service fund balance was amended to provide environmental consultant work at various sites.
· #41 – Trust & Agency Funds – The Trust & Agency fund balance was amended to reflect anticipated expenditures for the ABC Program and the Baertschi Bequest Trust Fund.
· #42 – Enterprise Fund – The Enterprise fund balance was amended to provide funds for Sanders Memorial Elementary School STEAM Magnet, PLACE program.
Strategic Focus: Provide Equitable Support Systems
Strategic Plan Goal: The District will ensure fiscal responsibility and equitable distribution of resources.
The staff respectfully requests School Board approval of the Budget Amendments #35 through #42 in accordance with State Board of Education Rule 6A-1.006.