State Board of Education Rule 6A-1.006 requires Board approval for amendments to the District School Budget whenever the function and object amounts in the accounts prescribed by the State Board for the budget form are changed in the original budget approved by the School Board.
Budget Amendments #49-53:
· #49 – General Fund – The General Fund was amended to adjust estimated revenues for the following projects:
#59100 – ROTC - Air Force – Revenue #419100
#54910 – Medicaid – Revenue #42020
#58215 – School Recognition – Revenue #436100
#59580 – Florida Student Assistance Program - Revenue #439900
#55410 – Florida Traffic and Bicycle Safety – Revenue #444000
#59970 – Walmart Grant for Lacoochee Elementary – Revenue #444000
The General Fund appropriations were amended by project, school and district cost center administrators to reflect changes in anticipated expenditures. In addition, fund balance was amended to provide startup funds for consumable materials for Sanders Memorial Elementary, Shady Hills Elementary and Quail Hollow Elementary and due to the revenue adjustment for Medicaid reimbursements.
· #50 – Capital Project Funds – The Capital Project Funds appropriations were amended by project administrators to reclassify capital expenditures to the appropriate objects to reflect changes in anticipated expenditures. Fund balance was amended to provide additional funds for equipment for various schools, funds for environmental work at Mittye P. Locke Elementary and to install a fire alarm system at the Wesley Chapel Health and Wellness Center.
· #51 – Special Revenue Funds – The Special Revenue Funds appropriations were amended by project, school and district cost center administrators to reflect changes in anticipated expenditures. In addition, estimated revenues were amended in accordance with information received from the Department of Education for the following projects:
#35115 – Pell Grant – Revenue #419900
#32614 – Adult General Education – Revenue #425100
#33814 – Adult General Education – Revenue #425100
#30015 – Emergency Immigrant Education Program - #429900
· #52 – Internal Service Funds – The Internal Service Funds appropriations were amended to reflect changes in anticipated expenditures.
· #53 – Enterprise Fund – The Enterprise Funds appropriations were amended to reflect changes in anticipated expenditures.
Strategic Focus: Provide Equitable Support Systems
Strategic Plan Goal: The District will ensure fiscal responsibility and equitable distribution of resources.
The staff respectfully requests School Board approval of the attached Budget Amendments.