State Board of Education Rule 6A-1.006 requires School Board approval for amendments to the District School Budget whenever the function and object amounts in the accounts prescribed by the State Board for the budget form are changed in the original approved by the School Board.
Budget Amendments #13-18:
· #13 – General Fund – Revenue was amended to record the receipt of the I-Ready Woodland Elementary Grant. The General Fund appropriations were amended by project, school and district cost center administrators to reflect changes in anticipated expenditures. In addition, fund balance was amended to provide funds to the Communications and Government Relations Department for media advertising due to our bus driver shortage, additional funds for the development of the allocation model, funds to the Aviation Academy lab at Zephyrhills High, and provide additional funds for the two-year maintenance of automated external defibrillators (AED).
· #14 – Debt Service Funds – The Debt Service Funds revenue was amended for investment gains recognized in the Qualified School Construction Bonds, Series 2009.
· #15 – Capital Project Funds – The Capital Project Funds appropriations were amended by project administrators to reclassify capital expenditures to the appropriate objects to reflect changes in anticipated expenditures. Fund balance was amended to provide additional funds for maintenance to renovate rooms at Pasco High for the Cyesis program and to reverse a July budget amendment that was posted in error.
· #16 – Food & Nutrition Fund – The Food & Nutrition Fund estimated revenue was amended to reclassify to the appropriate object.
· #17 – Special Revenue Funds – The Special Revenue Funds appropriations were amended by project, school and district cost center administrators to reflect changes in anticipated expenditures. In addition, estimated revenues were amended in accordance with information received from the Department of Education for the following projects:
#35016 – Title X Homeless – Revenue #429900
#35412 – Florida Positive Behavior – Revenue #423000
#35116 – Pell Grant – Revenue #419900
· #18 – Trust & Agency Funds – The Trust & Agency Funds estimated revenue and appropriations were amended to reclassify to appropriate objects.
The staff respectfully recommends School Board approval of the attached Budget Amendments.