State Board of Education Rule 6A-1.006 requires Board approval for amendments to the District School Budget whenever the function and object amounts in the accounts prescribed by the State Board for the budget form are changed in the original approved by the School Board.
Budget Amendments #19-23:
· #19 – General Fund – The General Fund was amended to increase estimated revenues for the following projects:
#59120 – ROTC Navy – Revenue #419100
#58300 – Instructional Leadership and Faculty Development – Revenue #439900
#58516 – Southwest Florida Water Management District – Revenue #449500
#59300 – Suncoast for Kids AVID – Revenue #449500
The General Fund appropriations were amended by project, school and district cost center administrators to reflect changes in anticipated expenditures. In addition, fund balance was amended to provide additional discretionary funds to Marchman Technical College and Marchman Adult Education Center.
· #20 – Capital Project Funds – The Capital Project Funds appropriations and fund balance were amended to properly record construction contracts that were encumbered at June 30, 2015.
· #21 – Special Revenue Funds – The Special Revenue Funds appropriations were amended by project, school and district cost center administrators to reflect changes in anticipated expenditures. In addition, estimated revenues were amended in accordance with information received from the Department of Education for the following projects:
#31416 – Title 1 Part C Migrant Education – Revenue #424000
#35116 – Pell Grant – Revenue #419900
· #22 – Internal Service Funds – The Internal Service Funds appropriations were amended to reflect changes in anticipated expenditures.
· #23 – Trust & Agency Funds – The Trust & Agency Funds appropriations were amended to reflect changes in anticipated expenditures.
The staff respectfully requests School Board approval of the attached Budget Amendments.