State Board of Education Rule 6A-1.006 requires Board approval for amendments to the District School Budget whenever the function and object amounts in the accounts prescribed by the State Board for the budget form are changed in the original approved by the School Board.
Budget Amendments #29-34:
· #29 – General Fund – The General Fund appropriations were amended by project, school and District cost center administrators to reflect changes in anticipated expenditures. In addition, fund balance was amended to provide funds for the installation of access controls for District Buildings 1, 2 and 3, District departments' moving expense to Building 4 and consumable supplies for Marchman Technical College renovation.
· #30 – Debt Service Funds – The Debt Service Funds appropriations were amended by administrators to reflect changes in anticipated expenditures.
· #31 – Capital Project Funds – The Capital Project Funds appropriations were amended by project administrators to reclassify capital expenditures to the appropriate objects to reflect changes in anticipated expenditures and fund balance was increased to reflect the changes in the total cost for High School "GGG."
· #32 – Food & Nutrition Funds – The Food & Nutrition Funds revenue was amended to record additional revenue received for State School Breakfast and Lunch revenue match.
· #33 – Special Revenue Funds – The Special Revenue Funds appropriations were amended by project, school and district cost center administrators to reflect changes in anticipated expenditures. In addition, estimated revenues were amended in accordance with information received from the U.S and Florida Department of Education for the following projects and to properly record the roll forward:
#34016 – IDEA Part B Entitlement – Revenue #423000
#34116 – IDEA Part B Pre-School – Revenue # 423000
#31516 – Title l Part D – Revenue #424000
#35116 – Pell Grant – Revenue #419900
· #34 – Enterprise Funds – The Enterprise Funds appropriations were amended to reflect changes in anticipated expenditures.
The staff respectfully requests School Board approval of the attached Budget Amendments.