State Board of Education Rule 6A-1.006 requires Board approval for amendments to the District School Budget whenever the function and object amounts in the accounts prescribed by the State Board for the budget form are changed in the original approved by the School Board.
Budget Amendments #43-48:
· #43 – General Fund – The General Fund was amended to adjust estimated revenues for the following projects:
#59560 – Area Health Education Center-ZHS – Revenue #444000
#56501 – Leslie Thiel Donate/Pasco Ed. – Revenue #449500
#70070 – Environmental Education Center – Revenue #449500
Appropriations were amended by project, school and District cost center administrators to reflect changes in anticipated expenditures. Fund balance was amended to provide funds to purchase American flags for schools and District buildings, student fingerprinting, USF Outreach Program at Ridgewood and Zephyrhills High School and travel funds for the Deputy Superintendent.
· #44 – Debt Service Funds – The Debt Service Funds revenue and fund balance was amended to account for QSCB 2009 realized gain and additional dues and fees.
· #45 – Capital Project Funds – The Capital Project Funds revenue was amended to record payment from our Self-Insured Fund for the Land O' Lakes and Gulf Health & Wellness Centers. Appropriations were amended by project administrators to reclassify capital expenditures to the appropriate objects to reflect changes in anticipated expenditures. Fund balance was amended to provide funds for the bleacher renovation at James W. Mitchell High School.
· #46 – Food & Nutrition Fund – The Food & Nutrition Fund appropriations were amended by administrators to reflect changes in anticipated expenditures.
· #47 – Special Revenue Funds – The Special Revenue Funds appropriations were amended by project, school and District cost center administrators to reflect changes in anticipated expenditures. In addition, estimated revenues were amended in accordance with information received from the U.S and Florida Department of Education for the following projects:
#31716 –Title 1 School Improvement Initiative – Revenue #424000
· #48 – Enterprise Funds – The Enterprise Funds appropriations were amended by administrators to reflect changes in anticipated expenditures.
The staff respectfully requests School Board approval of the attached Budget Amendments.